The aim of this topical day is to present and discuss opportunities for medical radio-isotopes production and research at ISOL@MYRRHA the envisaged Isotope Separator On-Line (ISOL) facility at the MYRRHA accelerator, to be constructed at SCK•CEN in Mol, Belgium.
A wide variety of medical radioisotopes for both therapy and imaging are directly accessible at an ISOL facility. Moreover, ISOL@MYRRHA aims to increase the production yields by two orders of magnitude compared to operating ISOL facilities, which allows producing sufficient quantities of innovative radio-isotopes for preclinical and clinical studies.
- Introduction to ISOL@MYRRHA project
- The NuPECC Report "Nuclear Physics for medicine"
- Medical imaging
- Medical Applications of High-Power ISOL Facilities
- Targeted alpha therapy and the 211At programme
- Preclinical imaging and therapy (review of all peptide- and protein-based radiopharmaceuticals)
- Why do some R&D isotopes make it to the market and others don’t?
Click here for a detailed programme and registration.